Origins of the firm
Mr Wilmot was a solicitor in Fairford in 1840. He was succeeded by the Hitchman Iles family, who practised as father, son and grandson for over a century, until the grandson’s death (whilst still practising, in his seventies) in 1958.
The firm was taken over from the executors by a local practice who appointed Martin Lee-Browne (a newly-qualified solicitor) to run the Fairford office.
In 1962 Martin purchased the practice from his employer. Two years later he opened a second office in Highworth. Adrian Grazebrook and Michael Grenfell joined him in 1968 and 1971 respectively. In 1972 the firm opened an office in Swindon and then in 1987 in Cirencester.
In 2005 the partners decided that they could give a better service if they were all located together, and the firm came under one roof in Cirencester.